The end of the summer is coming closer (unfortunately). Everybody starts prepping for the new school year and a refreshing work start after summer vacation. Having everything organized is very important in this process, and I just managed to pimp my bike in time for the first days back at work. With these fun bicycle bags I don’t have to worry about leaving stuff behind.
What you need:
- your favorite lola designs
- sewing machine
- cotton border
- velcro tape
What to do:
- Measure your bike rack well, you don’t want your bicycle bags to be too big and get caught in the wheel.
- Cut out the underpart of the bags, this is the biggest square (mine is 60 cm x 32 cm), this will be double sided for a strong base.
- Cut out in a different design the pockets (mine are 22 cm x 32 cm), the sides (9 cm wide), and the flap (32 cm x 32 cm).
- Sew the pockets to the base and add the flaps last.
- Onto the flaps you can stitch some velcro tape so the bags don’t fly open while biking. I also added velcro onto the base so I can attach it to the bike rack.
- In the pockets you can put cardboard so the bottom stays straight (or sew the cardboard into the pockets if you want).
Just pack your lunch, your raincoat (just in case), and your good mood. You are ready for this!